|Location:||Los Angeles, CA|
Break Media and Alloy Digital recently merged to form DEFY Media, creating a powerful digital-centric media company focused on content creation and delivery to the key 12-34 demographic.
Defy Media unites Break Media's #1 ranked male-targeted network with Alloy Digital's top ranking media brands and video networks, solidifying a commanding marketplace position with capabilities in content development, in-house production, multi-screen distribution, talent management, brand partnerships and promotion. Both companies have achieved a rapid pace of growth in recent years, building award-winning digital consumer brands and expanding into new revenue streams including merchandising, music, mobile apps, video-on-demand and feature-length content.
If you’re the kind of person that thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, yet collaborative environment, please apply now. We would love to see you make an impact on Defy Media’s future!
This position is geared towards a creative, logical, and self-driven person who can provide a technical vision and is comfortable working without a safety net. High standards for quality, attention to detail and responsibility are key attributes of this position.
· Design, develop, and support dynamic, high-traffic web applications.
· Analyze and design data schemas and scripts for high performance using MySQL
· Create highly reusable and extensible OO solutions which are easily maintainable
· Generate application diagrams and other technical documentation.
· Provide support to editors and users with technical problems.
· Keep abreast with the latest technologies and apply them.
· 3+ years experience of web development using Java and JSP
· 3+ years experience with MySQL 5+
· Fluent in SQL/MySQL
· Expertise with apache configuration and JBoss in a Linux environment
· Must have expertise with software design patterns and object oriented principles
· Must be a team player
· Must be comfortable working with source control (preferably SVN).
· Experience with Spring Framework and/or Hibernate is a plus
· Experience with Memcache is a plus
· Proven experience in troubleshooting and solving complex problems
· Must demonstrate good communications skills
· Must be highly motivated, creative, and thorough
Defy Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicant Tracking System Powered by